Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can apply for Junior Care?
Customers whose biological or legally adopted child is aged below 16 years old and residing in Singapore.
- Does Junior Care cover my child for illnesses?
No, this is a Personal Accident policy that pays in the event of an Accident except the Special Daily Hospitalisation Benefit that pays for Dengue fever, Hand, Food and Mouth Disease or Food Poisoning.
"Accident" means an event which happens suddenly, solely and directly caused by violent and external means and give rise to a result which the Insured Person did not intend or anticipate.
- What is Field Trip Double Indemnity cover?
If an accident occurred while the child is participating in a group excursion or outing, including overseas trip organized by the school, we will pay twice the permanent & disablement cover.
- How does the Education Fund work?
It is a lump sum benefit of S$20,000, payable in the event of accidental death of the policyholder (i.e. the parent) to take care of the required education costs, such as school fees and textbooks.
- Is my child covered while studying overseas?
Junior Care Policy will cover your child as long as he/she does not go overseas for more than 6 consecutive months.
- Is my child covered during National Service?
Yes, Junior Care policy will continue to protect your child when he enters National Service.
- What other circumstances will the Junior Care Policy terminate?
The Junior Care policy will terminate upon:
whichever first occurs.
- Non payment of premium by the premium due date;
- Cancellation of the Policy by you or the insurer;
- Upon the Insured Person attaining the age of
- 18th birthday if he/she is not undergoing education as a full time student in a School or
- 23rd birthday if he/she is undergoing education as a full time student in a School or serving full-time National Service.
- When the Insured Person is engaged in any job where salary is paid
- When the Insured Person resides or intends to reside out of Singapore for more than 6 consecutive months
- Are there any other situations where benefits will not be payable?
Yes, they are stated as General Exceptions in the Policy. The following is a list of some exceptions:
You are advised to read the policy for full list of the exceptions.
- An accident while under the influence of alcohol or any drugs not prescribed by a registered medical practitioner
- Air travel except as a passenger in a fully licensed passenger carrying aircraft
- War, acts of terrorism, ionizing radiations or contamination by radioactivity
- Hazardous sport or activity including hang-gliding, parachuting, racing (except on foot or swimming), scuba diving, potholing, mountaineering, rock climbing necessitating the use of guides or ropes or underwater activities necessitating the use of compressed air or gas.
- Suicide, self-injury or wilful exposure to peril (other than attempt to save human life)
- Pregnancy or childbirth
- Any pre-existing physical or mental defect or infirmity
- Must I inform the insurer to renew the Policy every year?
As long as you pay the premium and observe the terms and conditions of your Policy, it will be renewed automatically each year. No renewal advice will be issued.
- Will the premium increase as my child grow older?
The premium is not age-related and does not increase as your child grow older. However, MSIG Insurance can vary the premium and any other term, condition or exception in the Policy by giving you 30 days’ notice in such change.
- Does this policy have a cash value or surrender value?
No, this policy has no cash value or surrender value.
- How do I make a claim?
Please notify MSIG Insurance in writing of any event giving rise or likely to give rise to a claim under the Policy as soon as possible but in any case within 30 days of the happening of such event. You will need to complete a claim form and provide at your expense information, evidence or supporting document e.g. receipts, medical certificates or reports which the Insurer may require to assess your claim.
- If I have another personal accident policy, can I claim from both policies?
You can claim from both policies for benefit items 1 to 6. For benefit items 7 to 10, we will reimburse you the amount which has not been reimbursed under any other policy. Please refer to the Benefit Table for the benefit items.