500Please enter only a-z,A-Z,0-9,@!>$&-()',./
Multiplier now up to
3.5% 4.1% p.a.
At a Glance
We're on a mission to help you grow your money easily, and reward you for planning your finances. Here's how:
Earn up to 11x more interest with Multiplier
Multiply your money now with higher interest rates of 0.40% - 0.55% p.a. on the first S$10,000 of your savings. That’s up to 11X more compared to a regular savings account.
Boost your savings’ interest rate, when you pay with PayLah!
Best part is there is no minimum PayLah! retail spend needed.
Supercharge your interest rate, by crediting your income to a DBS/POSB account
As long as your income and PayLah! retail spend adds up to S$500 a month, you’ll qualify! Or connect with SGFinDex and spend at least S$500 on PayLah! retail spend.
How it works
Everyone can earn higher interest on Multiplier Account balances through ONE of these ways:
Salary / Dividends / SGFinDex and PayLah! Retail Spend
Salary/Dividends/SGFinDex and PayLah! retail spend, adding up S$500 or more every month.
PayLah! Retail Spend (29 years old and below with no eligible income)
Transact with PayLah! for retail spend with no minimum spend required.
Do you have a Credit Card / Home Loan / Insurance / Investment with us?
Earn bonus interest on Multiplier Account balances up to 4.1% p.a. when your monthly eligible transactions with DBS/POSB add up to S$2,000 or more every month. Learn more
Start by transacting with PayLah! for retail spend and earn an even higher interest rate when you credit your income with us
No income? Here’s how you can benefit with PayLah! retail spend only
This is Andrea. She’s 21 years old, full-time student and spends S$100 through DBS PayLah! Scan and Pay.
With S$4,000 in her Multiplier Account and a total eligible transaction of S$100, she qualifies for interest of
- 0.40% p.a. for the first S$10,000 in her Multiplier Account and
- Base interest rate for balances above S$10,000.
Andrea will increase her interest rate from 0.40% p.a. to 0.55% p.a. when she credits her income through internships, part-time work or collecting dividends, if her monthly eligible transactions amount add up to S$500 or more a month.
Serving the Nation? You can multiply as National Servicemen (NSFs)
William receives S$630 monthly allowance credited to his DBS/POSB savings account and has DBS PayLah! Retail Spend of S$100.
With S$5,000 in his Multiplier Account and a total eligible transaction of S$730, he qualifies for interest of
- 0.55% p.a. for the first $10,000 in his Multiplier Account and
- Base interest rate for balances above S$10,000.
Get bonus interest rates from Income and PayLah! Retail Spend
As a driver, Dave earns S$800 a month which is credited to his DBS/POSB savings account and spends S$100 on DBS PayLah! retail spend.
With S$5,000 in his DBS Multiplier Account and a total eligible transaction of S$900, he qualifies for interest of
- 0.55% p.a. for the first S$10,000 in his Multiplier Account and
- Base interest rate for balances above S$10,000
How do I apply for DBS Multiplier Account online?
You can apply for DBS Multiplier Account via the digibank app.
For new DBS/POSB customers
Below are 3 simple steps on how you can open your account instantly
- Register for Singpass if you have not done so. Click here to register.
- Download the digibank app from your App store
- Apply for your account using Singpass, upload your passport (for Malaysian, upload front and back of your Malaysian IC) and your account will be opened instantly.
For existing customers with digibank access
All you need to do is log in and refer to the following guided steps:
To apply for a new DBS Multiplier Account:
- Select Apply > Deposit Accounts > DBS Multiplier Account > Instant Apply OR
- Request > Opt-in Bank & Earn Programme
To apply for a new DBS Multiplier Account:
- Login to your digibank app, tap on ‘More’ followed by ‘Deposit Account’ and tap on ‘DBS Multiplier Account’.
For account opening between Mondays to Sundays (including Public Holidays), 7am to 10.30pm or on the last day of the month between 7am to 8pm, the account will be opened instantly. Beyond these periods, account opening will take 2 working days.
Can I convert my existing DBS/POSB account to Multiplier Account?
You can convert your existing personal DBS Autosave or DBS Multi Currency Account (joint account not allowed) to DBS Multiplier Account:
- Select Request > More Requests > Request for DBS Autosave Account Conversion
Eligibility & Fees
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- No initial deposit required.
- Service charge of S$5 per month applies if your average daily balance falls below S$3,000 (inclusive of SGD equivalent of foreign currency balance). This service charge will be waived if:
- You are 29 years old or below, or
- DBS Multiplier is your first DBS/POSB account (online applications only).
When will I receive my interest?
The interest is credited into your DBS Multiplier Account in 2 parts:
- Base interest: Credited on the last calendar day of the month
- Bonus interest (if any): Credited by the 7th working day of the following month
How is the interest calculated?
- Your full month’s eligible transactions are totalled up to determine your bonus interest rate(s).
- Bonus interest rate applies only to end-day SGD balances up to the applicable balance cap(s).
- Interest earned for each balance tier is calculated and rounded off to the nearest 4 decimal places.
- Each day’s interest earned is summed up and rounded off to the nearest 2 decimal places.
- The entire month’s interest is then summed up.
Salary / Dividends / SGFinDex
You can qualify with any of the following:
Salary Credit to any DBS/POSB Deposit Account
- Credit your salary into your DBS/POSB account via GIRO with transaction code ‘SAL’ or ‘PAY’. The main description in your Statement is “Salary” or “GIRO Salary”.
Email your HR to credit your salary with DBS today.
- Credit your dividends into your DBS/POSB account, DBS Wealth Management Account, Supplementary Retirement Scheme (SRS) account or CPF Investment Account (CPFIA)
- Eligible dividends include Central Depository Pte Ltd (CDP), DBS Vickers Securities, DBS Online Equity Trading (OET), DBS Unit Trusts, DBS Online Funds Investing and DBS Invest-Saver
Switch your dividend credit to DBS today.
Connect SGFinDex to NAV Planner
- Connect and share financial information from your other banks, SGX Central Depository (CDP) account and government accounts (CPF, HDB and IRAS) with SGFinDex and request for information retrieval of the linked accounts through DBS NAV Planner monthly.
Find out more about SGFinDex here.
PayLah! Retail Spend
Eligible PayLah! transactions include:
- Payments to merchants through PayLah! in-app checkout, web checkout, express checkout
- Scan & Pay transactions
- Payments to billing organisations
- Donations to charitable organisations
New to POSB?
Open a Multiplier Account on digibank app
All Singaporeans, Permanent Residents, and Foreigners (EP/SP/DP /Long Term Visit Pass/Student Pass) can open a personal My Account instantly on the digibank app using Myinfo with Singpass.
Do not have Singpass?
Register online here.
Pro tip: Select Face Verification for instant registration.
For foreigners: Have your FIN number and Singapore (+65) mobile number ready.
Important: Your Singpass should be up and ready to use the next day for new account application on your digibank app.
Join our Online Community
On the lookout for tips to multiply your savings? Want to join like-minded, financially savvy people to learn, share and grow together? Join us today!
Bonus interest rates are applicable to the SGD balance in your DBS Multiplier Account, up to the first S$100,000. Any amount over and above this will be accorded the base interest for that month. Interest is credited in 2 parts:
Base interest, calculated on daily balances will be credited at month end, and
Bonus interest at the higher interest rate (which is the higher interest rate less the prevailing base interest rate) calculated on daily balances, will be credited by the 7th working day of the following month.
If your transactions do not meet the criteria, the SGD balance in your DBS Multiplier Account will be accorded the prevailing base interest rate for that month.
Foreign currency transactions are subject to exchange rate fluctuations, which may result in capital gains or losses; such accounts may also be subject to exchange controls imposed on the currency held.
Fall-below fee is waived for Multiplier Account holders up to 29 years old, effective from May 2018 onwards.
Deposit Insurance Scheme
Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors and monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the Supplementary Retirement Scheme are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to S$75,000 in aggregate per depositor per Scheme member by law. Monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the CPF Investment Scheme and CPF Retirement Sum Scheme are aggregated and separately insured up to S$75,000 for each depositor per Scheme member. Foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, structured deposits and other investment products are not insured.
That's great to hear. Anything you'd like to add?
We're sorry to hear that. How can we do better?