500Please enter only a-z,A-Z,0-9,@!>$&-()',./
At a Glance
Get as charged coverage for hospital stays in a Private ward, Class A (1 bed) or B1 (4 bed) ward, depending on your plan
S$2,000,000 policy year limit for MyShield Plan 1 with pre-authorisation via Aviva's panel of medical specialists
Covers up to 180 days of pre-hospital treatment and up to 365 days of post-hospital treatment (with pre-authorisation)
MediShield Life is a basic insurance scheme, designed to give adequate coverage for stays at Class B2 or C wards in public hospitals. With mounting medical costs, you’ll need assurance that you and your family won’t be financially burdened by huge hospital bills.
MyShield is an additional cover that integrates and complements the benefits of MediShield Life, providing you with wider and higher hospitalisation and medical coverage.
Features & Benefits
Choose the ward type and policy year limit
- As charged1 coverage for hospital stays in a Private ward, Class A (1 bed) and B1 (4 bed) wards in public and private hospitals depending on the chosen plan type
- Up to S$2 million policy year limit for MyShield Plan 1 when you get a certificate of pre-authorisation via Aviva’s panel of medical specialists
Pre- and Post-hospitalisation coverage
- Coverage for Pre-hospital treatment2 up to 180 days
- Coverage for Post-hospital treatment2 up to 365 days for all plan types at restructured and community hospitals. For treatment in private hospitals, you must have received a certificate of pre-authorisation via Aviva's panel of medical specialists for your hospital stay
- Coverage for treatment received in the Accident and Emergency department within 24 hours prior to your hospital admission
Inpatient and Outpatient treatments covered
- Planned3 and Emergency overseas inpatient treatment
- Major outpatient treatments4 including chemotherapy and kidney dialysis
- Extra inpatient benefit for 5 critical illnesses - heart attack of specified severity, major cancer5, stroke, end-stage lung disease and end-stage liver disease
- Inpatient and outpatient Proton Beam Therapy treatment6
- Preventive treatment for cancer7
Newborn and children benefits
- Free cover of up to S$50,000 for newborns8 up to 6 months old
- Discounted premium rates for children9 (up to 20 Age Next Birthday) if both parents are covered under MyShield Plan 1 or Plan 2
Covers hospital admission deposit of up to S$50,000
- Through Letter of Guarantee (LoG)10at over 20 hospitals including private hospitals
Please refer to the Product Summary for more details.
1 As charged refers to the eligible expenses incurred by the Life Assured which is subject to pro-ration, deductible, co-insurance, policy year limit, admission of ward class and other policy terms.
2 Pre-hospital treatment refers to the eligible expenses incurred up to 180 days before admission. Post-hospital treatment refers to the eligible expenses incurred up to 365 days after discharge for Plan 1, Plan 2 and Plan 3 at restructured/community hospitals. For treatment in private hospitals, you must have received a certificate of pre-authorisation via Aviva’s panel of medical specialists for your hospital stay.
3 We will pay for planned inpatient treatment or day surgery at any overseas hospital that has an approved working arrangement with a MediSave-accredited institution/referral centre in Singapore. Pre-hospital treatment received before and post-hospital treatment received after emergency overseas treatment are not covered. We will pay this benefit only if residency of the Life Assured is Singapore on the date of the Life Assured’s admission.
4 Please refer to the policy contract for details of major outpatient treatment coverage.
5 Proton Beam Therapy is excluded from this benefit
6 Proton Beam Therapy benefit applies to Proton Beam Therapy treatment received as an inpatient, outpatient or day surgery procedure.
7 Preventive treatment for cancer covers surgery to prevent further cancer if the Life Assured already had treatment for cancer and we have paid for the treatment.
8 Free newborn benefit for a newborn child(ren) starts from the date they are 15 days old or the date of discharge from hospital after birth, whichever is later. The benefit ends on the date the newborn is 6 months old or takes up a MediSave-approved Integrated Shield Plan, whichever is earlier. Both parents must be covered under MyShield Plan 1 or Plan 2 continuously for at least 10 months from the cover start date of their respective policies on the newborn’s date of birth. Pre-hospital treatment received before and post-hospital treatment received after the free newborn benefit are not covered.
9 Discounted premium rates for child(ren) refers to the Family Discount for Child(ren) under Plan 2 coverage for up to 4 children, applicable till the child is 20 Age Next Birthday (ANB), if both parents are covered under MyShield Plan 1 or 2. Please refer to the Product Summary for more details.
10 Letter of Guarantee (LoG) covers the hospital deposit for up to S$50,000. LoG will be issued to hospitals for Life Assured who is hospitalised as an inpatient at participating hospitals, provided that the estimated total bill amount exceeds the plan’s deductible amount (if applicable). Please refer to www.aviva.com.sg/medicalspecialists for the list of participating hospitals for LoG.
This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
Information is correct as at 15 February 2021.
How to apply
With you at every step of your parenting journey
Raising a family is never easy, whether you have a toddler, teenager, or both. Explore a world of parenting content and tips at POSB Home, from helping your child make sense of money and enrichment, to holiday and financial planning for the family.