Fixed Deposit Placement
Learn how you can make DBS Fixed Deposit Placements via digibank Online and digibank Mobile.
- DBS Fixed Deposit allows you to place both SGD and Foreign currency within the same account.
- The minimum placement amount and period are:
- For SGD Fixed Deposit, the minimum amount is S$1,000, with a choice of tenors from 1 month onwards.
- For Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit, the minimum amount is S$5,000 equivalent, with a choice of tenors from 1 day onwards.
- For Premier Income Accounts, the minimum amount is S$10,000, with a choice of tenors from 6 months onwards. The interest rate will be 0.10% above the posted interest rate and auto added to the board rate reflected, applicable only to SGD placements.
- Upon maturity, the Fixed Deposit placement (including interest) will be renewed automatically based on the same tenor at the prevailing interest rate, unless you provide us with other instructions at least 1 working day before the maturity via digibank.
- SGD Fixed Deposit interest rates for new placements and renewals will be computed based on the Total SGD Fixed Deposit Balances, instead of each placement and/or renewal.
My Fixed Deposit account has 2 placements which sum up to S$100,000 (S$30,000 + S$70,000). What is the applicable interest rate for each renewal?
The total Fixed Deposit account balance is S$100,000 (S$30,000 + S$70,000). Hence, interest rate corresponding to the $100,000 - $249,999 range will apply.
I have an existing placement of S$50,000 in my single name Fixed Deposit account and another S$50,000 in a joint Fixed Deposit account. What is the applicable interest rate for each renewal?
The placements are in different SGD Fixed Deposit accounts. Hence, interest rate corresponding to the $50,000 - $99,999 range will apply for each renewal.
- My Fixed Deposit account has 2 placements which sum up to S$100,000 (S$30,000 + S$70,000). What is the applicable interest rate for each renewal?
- Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit interest rates for new placements and renewals will be based on prevailing interest rates.
- For more information on Rates, click here.
How to make a Fixed Deposit placement
Placement via digibank Online
6 steps to make a fixed deposit placement
Click on the numbers to view screens.
Log in to digibank Online with your User ID & PIN.
Complete the Authentication Process.
Under My Accounts, select Deposits.
Click on the Fixed Deposit Action Button and select Fixed Deposit Placement.
Select your Account, Currency, Amount, Placement Period, Maturity Instructions, and click Next.
Ensure that the details are correct, and click Submit to complete the placement.
Apply for digibank Online now!Get Started
Placement via digibank Mobile
Steps to make a fixed deposit placement
Click on numbers to view screens.
Log in to digibank Mobile with your Touch / Face ID or digibank User ID & PIN.
Select Deposits and tap on Fixed Deposit Account.
Select Place Deposit to make a new Fixed Deposit placement.
Select the Account you wish to transfer from, Currency, Amount, Placement Period, and tap Next.
Select your preferred Maturity Instruction.
For Withdraw Principal and Interest and Renew Principal and Withdraw Interest instructions, select the account for proceeds to be credited to.
For foreign currency placements, you can choose to credit proceeds into your SGD or foreign currency wallet upon maturity.*
Tap Next. Review the details and tap Submit to complete the placement.
- This service may be unavailable from 11.30pm to 3.00am daily, and on the last working day of the month from 8.30pm to 3.00am.
Was this article helpful?
We welcome your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
We’ll continue to work towards serving you better.
Need more help?
Contact support and we'll try to resolve your issue quickly.Contact Customer Support