500Please enter only a-z,A-Z,0-9,@!>$&-()',./
At a Glance
eDecreasingTerm is an affordable home loan coverage to protect your dependants if the unexpected happens.
Covered for death, total and permanent disability and terminal illness
Choose your coverage amount from S$150,000 to S$500,000
Apply online. Just answer 3 simple questions, no health check-ups required
Features & Benefits
- Comprehensive Coverage. Be covered against death, terminal illness1 and total and permanent disability up to S$500,000.
- Customise your plan. Choose from a coverage amount between S$150,000 to S$500,000 to ensure your home loan is adequately covered.
- Coverage to suit your needs. Choose a decreasing rate between 1%, 2%, 3%, 4% and 5% to match your mortgage loan interest rate.
- Affordable Premiums: Start from only S$7.11/mth2. Premiums will remain level throughout the policy term.
- Flexible Policy Term. 5 years or between 10 to 35 years inclusive.
- Easy Application. Just answer 3 simple questions about your health online; No health check-ups required.
Terms and conditions apply, refer to the Sample Policy Contract for more details.
Is your home fully protected?
In addition to eDecreasingTerm, here’s a checklist to ensure your home has complete coverage against the unexpected:
- Fire Insurance: Covers the structures of your house – walls, structural pillars and permanent fixtures.
- Home Content Insurance: myHome Protect II covers the interiors of your home – loss or damage of home contents and renovations as a result of unfortunate events such as fire, burst water pipes or theft.
How It Works
How to Apply for eDecreasingTerm
Multiply your interests while safeguarding your home:
Are you a Multiplier customer? Get up to 3.00% p.a. interest on your savings when you apply and pay your premiums through Multiplier.
Frequently Asked Questions
Level Term Insurance: Your coverage amount is fixed over the policy term. Your family will receive a payout of the coverage amount if an unfortunate event happens to you.
Decreasing Term Insurance: Your coverage amount decreases at your chosen decreasing rate over the policy term. Your family will receive a decreased coverage amount if an unfortunate event happens to you.
For this reason, premiums for the decreasing term insurance are lower than that of the level term insurance.
Decreasing rate for this policy refers to the rate at which the Coverage Amount decreases over your chosen Policy Term. This is typically chosen such that it is the same as the interest rate charged on your home loan. eDecreasingTerm offers 5 choices of interest rate - 1%, 2%, 3%, 4% and 5%.
Your joint applicant for your home loan can apply for this policy on his/her own. Alternatively, you may approach our Wealth Planning Managers at any DBS/POSB branch for joint application.
Foreigners who are Singapore permanent residents may apply. Do refer to the Frequently Asked Questions relating to Eligibility & Underwriting.
No, this product does not have cash value or surrender value as it is a pure protection plan. You may write in to firstname.lastname@example.org to terminate your policy.
1 Terminal Illness (TI) is defined as an illness, which in the opinion of a medical examiner and on agreement of our appointed medical examiner, is likely to lead to death within 12 months from the date of diagnosis. In the event of TI during the policy term, the Death Benefit will be advanced in a lump sum.
2 This premium amount is calculated based on a male non-smoker aged 18 with coverage amount of S$150,000 and decreasing rate of 1% for a policy term of 10 years.
In Collaboration with Manulife
eDecreasingTerm is issued and underwritten by Manulife (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. ("Manulife") (Reg. No. 198002116D) and distributed by DBS Bank Ltd ("DBS").
This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
Information is correct as at 12 September 2020.
POSB Insurance Important Notes