500Please enter only a-z,A-Z,0-9,@!>$&-()',./
Singapore Savings Bonds
At a Glance
Features & Benefits
- Principal guaranteed – You will always get the investment amount back in full, i.e. no capital losses.
- Long-term investment – You can invest for up to 10 years and earn interest that increases over time. The longer you hold your bond, the higher your return.
- Flexible redemption – You don’t have to commit upfront how long you want to be invested. You can get your funds back within a month, with no penalty for exiting your investment early.
How can you benefit?
- Saving for retirement – Savings Bonds are a safe and flexible option to maintain the value of your nest egg.
- Setting money aside for “rainy days” – you can earn step-up interest on your savings until you need the money.
- Diversifying your investments – Savings Bonds can help you diversify risks and achieve an efficient portfolio.
Savings Bonds are a special type of Singapore Government Securities (SGS) with features that make them accessible and suitable to individual investors.
- Eligibility – Individuals only
- Term – 10 years
- Interest – Paid every 6 months. At issuance, rates are fixed based on the prevailing SGS yields and locked in for each issue.
- Issuance – Monthly
- Redemption – Monthly, with no penalty. Principal and any accrued interest will be paid.
- Investment amount – Minimum of $500, and subsequent multiples of $500 up to a cap to be announced.
- Non-tradable – Savings Bonds are non-marketable securities and cannot be bought or sold in the secondary market.
How to Apply
Thank you. Your feedback will help us serve you better.
Was this information useful?
That's great to hear. Anything you'd like to add?
We're sorry to hear that. How can we do better?
Enter only letters, numbers or @!$&-/()',.