500Please enter only a-z,A-Z,0-9,@!>$&-()',./
Singapore Savings Bonds
At a Glance
Features & Benefits
- Principal guaranteed – You will always get the investment amount back in full, i.e. no capital losses.
- Long-term investment – You can invest for up to 10 years and earn interest that increases over time. The longer you hold your bond, the higher your return.
- Flexible redemption – You don’t have to commit upfront how long you want to be invested. You can get your funds back within a month, with no penalty for exiting your investment early.
How can you benefit?
- Saving for retirement – Savings Bonds are a safe and flexible option to maintain the value of your nest egg.
- Setting money aside for “rainy days” – you can earn step-up interest on your savings until you need the money.
- Diversifying your investments – Savings Bonds can help you diversify risks and achieve an efficient portfolio.
Savings Bonds are a special type of Singapore Government Securities (SGS) with features that make them accessible and suitable to individual investors.
- Eligibility – Individuals only
- Term – 10 years
- Interest – Paid every 6 months. At issuance, rates are fixed based on the prevailing SGS yields and locked in for each issue.
- Issuance – Monthly
- Redemption – Monthly, with no penalty. Principal and any accrued interest will be paid.
- Investment amount – Minimum of $500, and subsequent multiples of $500 up to a cap to be announced.
- Non-tradable – Savings Bonds are non-marketable securities and cannot be bought or sold in the secondary market.