500Please enter only a-z,A-Z,0-9,@!>$&-()',./
CPF Investment Account
What is a CPF Investment Account (CPFIA)?
CPFIA is a channel for investing your CPF savings+. Investing your CPF money allows you to reap greater potential gains, enriching your savings for a comfortable retirement.
At a Glance
- Invest without cash and maximise the growth of your CPF funds
- Flexibility and control over where to invest your CPF savings
- Easy and convenient management of your investment transactions and portfolio
Investing with your CPFIA
You can start investing if you have at least S$20,000 in your CPF Ordinary Account (OA).
Below is an illustration on how you can maximise returns on your CPF savings through investing.
Mr Lim is below 55 years old and has S$60,000 in his CPF Ordinary Account (OA).
* The above table is for illustration purposes only
What you can invest in
New to investing? Check out this page for useful articles on getting started.
Multiply your savings with Multiplier Account
You can now earn higher interest rates of up to 3.00% p.a. by crediting your dividends into your CPF Investment Account.
Find out more here.
Start investing your CPF with DBS
Investing with CPF-OA funds is easy. Do it at your convenience online with digibank or link your CPFIA to your DBS Vickers Account.
Easy management of your investments
- Get quick access to information on your portfolio
Stay in the know with monthly reports on how your investments are performing, including total costs, estimated market value, and advance notice of all rights announcements
- Track and manage your investments easily via mobile, online banking, and ATM:
Who is Eligible
- You are a CPF member
- Age 18 and above
- You are not an undischarged bankrupt
- You have more than S$20,000 in your CPF Ordinary Account#
- You do not have an existing CPF Investment Account with another bank
See the Schedule of charges
Get started with CPFIA
Here’s how to open a CPF Investment Account and start investing without cash.
Skip the trip to the bank and apply for your CPFIA the hassle-free way with the new POSB digibot.
At our branches
Prefer face-to-face service? Visit our branches with the following documents:
Need to know more?
- You can only have one CPF Investment Account at any point of time. If you have an existing CPFIA with another CPFIA agent bank and wish to transfer to DBS, please visit any of our branches to do the CPFIA transfer.
- CPFIS-Inter-Bank Transfer Form
- CPFIA Account Opening Form
Where can I find out more information on my shares corporate action event for my CPF Investment Account?
My shares in the CPF Investment Account has a split stock event, when will the shares be credited to my CPF Investment Account?
Please submit your application to CPF Board either through online or by mail. The agent bank/product providers will contact you on the transfer of your investments to you.
† The interest rate on balances in the CPF Investment Account which are not invested is currently 0.050% p.a.
^ Investible savings refer to the total balances in CPF Ordinary Account plus monies already withdrawn for investments & education.
Deposit Insurance Scheme
Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors and monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the Supplementary Retirement Scheme are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to S$75,000 in aggregate per depositor per Scheme member by law. Monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the CPF Investment Scheme and CPF Retirement Sum Scheme are aggregated and separately insured up to S$75,000 for each depositor per Scheme member. Foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, structured deposits and other investment products are not insured.
Click here for full terms and conditions.