500Please enter only a-z,A-Z,0-9,@!>$&-()',./
CPF Investment Account
At a Glance
The CPF Investment Account gives you the flexibility and control of deciding where to invest your CPF savings† for greater potential returns and a more comfortable retirement.
You can invest in a wide range of financial products:
- Singapore Government Bonds
- Singapore Government Treasury Bills
- Statutory Board Bonds
- Bonds Guaranteed by Singapore Government
- Insurance Policies and Investment-Linked Products
- Unit Trusts
- Fund Management Accounts and Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Shares, Property Funds and Corporate Bonds (capped at 35% of investible savings^)
- SPDR Gold shares (capped at 10% of investible savings^)
Ease of information available: receive monthly statements with information about your investment, total costs and estimated market value, plus advance notice of all rights announcements.
Enjoy the convenience of self-service banking: : for digibank (online/mobile) or ATM card holders
|Investment Transaction||DBS/POSB ATM||iBanking||mBanking|
|Check available balance for investments|| |
|Investment Account Portfolio|| |
|Transfer funds from CPF Investment Account to CPF Ordinary Account|| |
|Purchase unit trusts if your CPF Investment Account is with DBS|| |
|Electronic Security Application (ESA)|| |
|ESA Results Enquiry|| |
|Available stock and gold limit|| |
Eligibility & Fees
- You must be a CPF member
- Age 18 and above
- You are not an undischarged bankrupt
- You have more than S$20,000 in your CPF Ordinary Account#
- Must not have an existing CPF Investment Account with any bank
How to Apply
- Complete the Self-Awareness Questionnaire (SAQ)*
- Complete this Account Opening form
- Visit any of our branches with the following documents:
- Print-out of SAQ status
- Completed account opening form
- NRIC (Singaporeans & PR) or Passport and EP/WP (Foreigners)
† The interest rate on balances in the CPF Investment Account which are not invested is currently 0.050% p.a.
^ Investible savings refer to the total balances in CPF Ordinary Account plus monies already withdrawn for investments & education.
# From 1 April 2008, only monies in excess of $20,000 in your Ordinary Account can be invested.
* You must take the SAQ if have not opened a CPF investment Account or invested in the CPF Investment Scheme – Special Account before. If you have a CPFIS account, you are encouraged to take the SAQ. The SAQ is to help CPF members self-assess if they have basic financial knowledge and and whether the CPFIS is suitable for them. You can access the SAQ via the CPF website after logging in with your SingPass. Under Tools > Assessment Tools > Take the CPFIS Self-Awareness Questionnaire (SAQ).
Deposit Insurance Scheme
Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors and monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the Supplementary Retirement Scheme are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to S$75,000 in aggregate per depositor per Scheme member by law. Monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the CPF Investment Scheme and CPF Retirement Sum Scheme are aggregated and separately insured up to S$75,000 for each depositor per Scheme member. Foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, structured deposits and other investment products are not insured.
Click here for full terms and conditions.