Authentication in Phone Banking
SMS OTP is an easy way to verify your identity without having to remember any additional PIN or Password.
Part of: Guides > Voice Biometrics and Phone Banking PIN
- Ensure you have updated your mobile number.
How to complete Authentication in Phone Banking
- Dial 1800 111 1111 (from Singapore) or (+65) 6327 2265 (from Overseas).
- For a menu in English Press 1, for Mandarin Press 2.
- Enter your NRIC, Debit or Credit Card Number.
- You’ll automatically be offered to be authenticated by SMS OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Key in the 6-digit one-time password that you have received within 100 seconds.
- You have completed authentication and may now proceed with your request over the phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is SMS OTP?
An SMS OTP (one-time password) is a secure authorization method where a numeric code is sent to a mobile number via SMS.
How to apply for SMS OTP?
As long as you are a DBS/POSB customer with a registered mobile number, you are automatically eligible.
Was this information useful?