Close a DBS/POSB Deposit Account
Close your DBS/POSB Deposit Account via digibank Online.Part of: Guides > Your Guide to digibank Online
- Log in to digibank Online with your User ID and PIN.
- Under Request, select More Requests and log in with your 6-Digit iB Secure PIN.
- Under Other Services, select Close Deposit Account.
- Select the DBS/POSB Deposit Account that you wish to close followed by the Net Balance Payment Mode* if any, click Next.
- Verify the details of the termination and click Submit to complete the closure of account.
- *You can transfer the balance in the account you wish to close to your existing DBS/POSB account instantly, or, you can choose to receive a Cashier's Order.
- ATM/Debit Cards linked to the closed account as its primary account will be cancelled upon account closure.
- All GIRO facilities will be terminated on the closed account.
- Any transactions that may not have been posted to your account upon closure will not be retrievable or provided via statements.
Apply for digibank Online
Alternatively, for customers who are overseas or unable to apply for digibank Online, you may complete and mail in the Authorisation for Closure of Account Form together with the Telegraphic Transfer Form* if necessary.
- *Telegraphic Transfer Form is only necessary if you are overseas and need to transfer the balance in your account to an overseas account. To transfer funds locally, please refer to Local Funds Transfer.
Need more help?
Contact support and we'll try to resolve your issue quickly.Contact Customer Support