Made a funds transfer to a wrong recipient?

If you have unintentionally transferred funds to a wrong recipient, contact the recipient directly or inform us immediately.

  • If you know the recipient, you may contact the recipient directly to request for the return of funds.
  • If you are unable to contact the recipient, get in touch with us so we can assist to reach out to the recipient on your behalf.
  • Please be informed that consent must be given by the recipient before funds can be returned.
  • Do check whether you have received a notification from us regarding a wrong transfer to your account.
  • You may Get in touch with us to provide your consent for us to return the funds to the sender.
  • We will process & return the funds to the sender within 7 working days.
  • Please inform the sender to request for his/her bank to recall the transfer. The sender will then be notified on the status of the request.
  • As you are neither the sender nor the recipient of the funds, please note that you will not be able to make the recall request directly.

Frequently Asked Questions

If you know the person well, please reach out to them directly and request to transfer the funds back to you. It’s the quickest way to recover your funds.
We will assist to reach out to the recipient to our best abilities. However, in some cases, the recipient may not provide their consent to return the funds.

If that happens, you may consider lodging a police report if you are certain that it is an erroneous funds transfer and have received confirmation that the recipient did not consent to returning the funds. We will cooperate with the law enforcement to aid in their investigations.

It is an offence under the Penal Code for the recipient to retain or use the funds after being informed that it was sent by mistake. A Singapore Police Force investigating officer will typically be assigned to your case and provide subsequent updates directly to you.
We will send you updates via e-mail. Please ensure that your e-mail address is updated in our Bank’s record.
We regret that we are not able to expedite the recall process as it involves providing the recipient due notice of the wrong transfer and, in some cases, their consent to reverse the funds from their accounts.
Was this information useful?

We welcome your feedback

Information is easy to understand and find
Information is useful to answer your inquiries completely