Enable/ Disable Card For Overseas Use
Learn how to enable / disable your card's overseas usage easily using digibank, SMS banking or at our DBS/POSB ATM.
- The risk of unauthorised transactions occurring on the Card is higher when the magnetic stripe is enabled for overseas use, as the magnetic stripe information can be easily copied.
How to Enable/ Disable Card For Overseas Use
There are various channels which you may Enable/ Disable Card For Overseas Use with us. The most convenient method would be via digibank mobile.
- Log in to digibank mobile with your Touch / Face ID or digibank User ID & PIN.
- Tap More, under Manage Cards & Loans select Enable/Disable Overseas Use.
- Select the Card you wish to Enable/Disable for Overseas Use.
- Toggle Allow Overseas Use to change the status of your card's overseas function* and tap Next.
- Confirm the Details and tap Activate/Deactivate.
Don't have digibank?
- Log in to digibank online with your User ID & PIN and complete the authentication process.
- Select the Card Account from the Card Selection List.
- Amend the status of the overseas function of your Card's Magnetic Stripe to your preference.
- Click Submit followed by Confirm to proceed.
|Simply send an SMS to 77767 in the following formats to enable / disable:
|Enable - with end date
Enable <space> overseas <space> Last 4 digits of Card <space> start date <space> end date
e.g. Enable overseas 1234 28062024 31122024
Note: Date format is in DDMMYYYY
|Enable - with no end date
Enable <space> overseas <space> Last 4 digits of Card
e.g. Enable overseas 1234
Disable <space> overseas <space> Last 4 digits of Card
e.g. Disable overseas 8734
DBS/POSB ATM in Singapore
- Insert your DBS/POSB Card to access your account
- Key in your PIN
- Select More Services
- Select Card’s Magnetic Stripe for Overseas Use
- Select Continue
- Amend status of the overseas function of your Card's magnetic stripe to your preference
- Follow instructions on the ATM screen to complete Submission
Find the nearest ATM using our Locator.
- Setting activation dates will auto-deactivate your card's overseas function after the specified end date.