POSB Security Guide on Scams and Fraud Attempts
Find out what you should do and how you can prevent yourself from becoming a victim to an alleged scam or fraud attempt.
How to protect yourself and your loved ones from being a victim of scam and fraud?
1. Did you provide any personal bank details to the alleged scam or fraud?
- Do not give out your Internet Banking credentials, OTP, Digital Token, or any DBS-related email or SMS verification approvals to other individuals, non-DBS websites, or mobile applications.
- Do not provide your ATM, credit or debit card details to unknown websites or callers.
- Do not click on URL links, call phone numbers, or scan QR codes provided in unsolicited emails, SMSes, or other forms of messaging channels.
Yes, I did..
- Get in touch with us immediately at 1800 339 6963 or (65) 6339 6963 from overseas.
- Make a Police Report in person or online.
No, I did not..
- Report an attempted scam or fraud attempt and prevent others from falling prey? (Only if you did not reveal any personal bank details to the alleged scam)
- If you believe your bank details have been compromised, please call 1800 339 6363 or (65) 6339 6963 from overseas, or visit any DBS/POSB Branch for immediate assistance.
- Find out how you can secure yourself with our useful tips and alerts?
2. Report an alleged scam or fraud attempt to prevent others from being a victim.Details to be provided:
- Approximate Date & Time of the alleged scam or fraud,
- Channel Used (Phone, SMS, E-mail, E-commerce Platform),
- A copy of the scam or fraud message if available.
3. Find out how you can secure yourself with our useful tips and alerts.Click on the links below to find out about the latest scams as well as read up on useful tips to safeguard yourself from Scammers, Fraudsters and Phishers.
- Security Alerts & News
- #BSHARP Protect Yourself Online
- Your Guide to Online Security
- Your Guide to Card Security
- Your Guide to ATM Security
How to #BSHARP against scams?
Your best defence against fraud and scams is to #BSHARP online. Our resident #BSHARP pro, Kim Huat, and his co-host Violet Fenying, shares their top tips on how to keep your accounts and money secure so you can live simpler.
The Burrow by DBS
Discuss self-service banking options, money saving tips and more in our online community.