Go dutch with friends and share the fun on Google Pay™!
At a Glance
Go dutch with your friends and share the fun with PayLah! on Google Pay™
Good things happen when best friends come together. Or when DBS PayLah! and Google Pay pair up. Now you can connect your DBS PayLah! to Google Pay and start receiving and sending money to just about anyone.
Google Pay now comes with brand new features so it is now more convenient to pay anyone, anywhere, anytime and win cashback rewards* - all in one place. Here are the different ways you can pay with Google Pay:
- Link your DBS PayLah! account on Google Pay and pay any phone number linked to PayNow.
- Add your DBS/POSB Debit/Credit Cards on Google Pay to tap and pay on MRT, buses or wherever contactless payments are accepted in-stores^ (Android phones only), buy movie tickets and order food.
- Use your DBS PayLah! and Google Pay to scan any PayNow SGQR codes to pay at merchants.
Download Google Pay
Download DBS PayLah!
How to set up Google Pay with your DBS account:
- Download the Google Pay app on Google Play or the App Store.
- Follow the instructions to link PayNow and add payment methods.
- To send money, add your DBS PayLah! account. To pay online and make contactless payments^, add a DBS/POSB credit or debit card.
To link your DBS PayLah! account or DBS/POSB Cards:
- Tap on your profile photo from the home screen in the Google Pay app.
- Select Payment methods.
- Tap Add a bank account, choose DBS PayLah! and enable auto debit on PayLah! so you never have to worry about topping up.
- Tap Add a credit or debit card to add your DBS/POSB Credit/Debit Cards.
- Follow the instructions and you’re ready to transfer funds and make purchases.
How to send money with DBS PayLah! on Google Pay:
- Log in to your Google Pay app. Under People, tap the contact you want to pay. If you can't find the contact:
- Tap + New payment.
- In the search bar, enter your contact’s name or phone number
- Select the contact you want to pay
- Tap on Pay. Do make sure the recipient’s name and phone number are correct. You will be able to see if the recipient is a verified PayNow user.
- Enter the amount and add a note (optional), then tap on (tick symbol).
- Check that DBS PayLah! account is selected and tap on Proceed to pay.
Click here for the latest DBS Terms and Conditions for Digital Wallet.
Not on DBS PayLah! yet? Find out more here. Download today and get S$5 with promo code “FIVELAH”.
Not on Google Pay yet? Find out more here. Download today and win up to S$15* when you transfer money to a friend.
Android, Google Play and Google Pay are trademarks of Google LLC.
*Terms and conditions apply.
^Tap and Pay feature is only available for Android devices with NFC capabilities, running Android Lollipop 5.0 or higher.
Frequently Asked Questions
Google Pay works on:
- Android devices running KitKat 4.4 Android Lollipop (5.0) or later
- iOS devices running iOS 10.0 or later
For in store purchases, ensure that your Android device supports Near Field Communication (NFC) and Host Card Emulation (HCE) functions.
For in-app or web purchases, customers holding either Android or iOS device can make in-app or web purchases even if your phone does not have NFC capabilities.
For fund transfers, customers holding either Android or iOS device need to ensure that you have registered for your DBS PayLah! account. Find out more about DBS PayLah! here.
Like all Google products, Google Pay comes with strong security protections at its core to continuously and automatically safeguard your account and personal data from security threats. And when you pay in stores, it shares a virtual account number instead of your real card details with the merchant. In other words, it’s got your back so your real card details stay safe.
If your phone is ever lost or stolen, you can lock and erase it from anywhere with Find My Device.
DBS PayLah! Related
Each customer is entitled to only one DBS PayLah! account. Hence, only one DBS PayLah! account can be added to your Google Pay.
Why am I not re-directed to the PayLah! app after entering my mobile number registered with PayLah! account?
Please check to ensure that your PayLah! app is installed on the same device that you are using for Google Pay.
- For Android users - After 2FA is completed on PayLah! app, please toggle back to your Google Pay app to complete the linking of your PayLah! account to Google Pay.
If your attempt was unsuccessful, please wait for 8 minutes to re-trigger the request in Google Pay.
- For iOS users – you will be redirected to Google Pay app and you will see the appropriate message to continue with the linking. If your attempt was unsuccessful, you will see a pop-up message indicating that you did not successfully link PayLah to Google Pay.
Enjoy partnership deals exclusive to DBS PayLah! and Google Pay users. On top of that, you get to enjoy more deals as a DBS PayLah! user.
- Open PayLah! app
- Log in to PayLah!
- Tap History to view your transaction history
Please check that you have not exceeded your PayLah! daily limit.
How to check PayLah! daily limit?
- Log in to PayLah! app
- Tap More
- Tap Manage Wallet
- Locate your Daily Limit
- Adjust your Daily Limit accordingly
I have done a wrong funds transfer using my Google Pay linked to my DBS PayLah!, what should I do now?
Contact the recipient directly to request for the return of funds.
My friend transfers monies to my Google Pay account linked to my DBS PayLah!, however, I am not able to locate these monies in my DBS PayLah! wallet balance. What should I do now?
Check your bank account linked to PayNow. The monies sent via Google Pay will be transferred to your bank account linked to PayNow.
DBS/POSB Cards Related
You may add multiple eligible DBS/POSB Cards to your Google Pay on each device. To ensure that you are receiving the many benefits of DBS/POSB Cards, be sure to always select a DBS/POSB Card when paying with Google Pay.
Yes, you may add your eligible DBS/POSB Visa & Mastercard® Credit and Debit Card to multiple devices, but you will need to set your Card up on each device separately.
When you use your DBS/POSB card with Google Pay, you’ll continue to enjoy all the same rewards, benefits, and protection that come with it. To learn more about eligibility and enrolling in offers, please visit https://rewards.dbs.com.