Terms and Conditions Governing Electronics Statements
The Terms and Conditions contained herein shall apply to each account holder and to holders of joint-alternate accounts and references to "you" shall be read to mean the person or persons in whose name the account or joint-alternate account is maintained, and includes the successors or personal representatives of such person.
The DBS Electronic Statement Facility (the "eStatement Facility") means the DBS online viewing facility wherein DBS will provide the viewing of your (a) monthly (or such other period as determined by DBS) statement of account(s) (the "eStatement of Account"); and/or (b) where applicable, transaction records and advices (the “eAdvices”) in an electronic form, which may be accessed through DBS internet banking service ("iBanking Services") and/or such other channel(s) as DBS may designate from time to time by notice in writing to you (eStatement of Account and eAdvices shall be collectively referred to as "Electronic Statement").
- By using the eStatement Facility, you are deemed to have agreed to be bound by:
- the general terms and conditions governing the eStatement Facility set out herein;
- the Terms and Conditions Governing Electronic Services;
- all terms and conditions governing the facilities in respect of which the Electronic Statement is issued, other facilities, benefits or services that DBS may from time to time make available to you in connection with the eStatement Facility; and
- all laws, rules, regulations and official issuances applicable to the eStatement Facility, now existing or which may hereinafter be enacted, issued or enforced.
- You understand that you must be enrolled for the iBanking Services in order to use the eStatement Facility.
- You agree that DBS has the absolute discretion to make the eStatement Facility available to you on such terms as we may notify you, including automatically enrolling you into the eStatement Facility.
- Upon your enrolment into the eStatement Facility, your paper based statements of account and, where applicable, transaction records and advices may cease to be generated on such date as may be decided by DBS in its sole discretion.
- The eStatement of Account shall only be available for viewing after the applicable cycle cut-off date and the eAdvice (where applicable) shall only be available for viewing after the transaction date (“Statement Date”). The Electronic Statement(s) shall remain available for viewing for a period of 36 months (or for such period as decided by DBS and notified to you) from the applicable Statement Date or for such period as DBS may determine.
- The availability of the Electronic Statement on via iBanking Services and/or such other channel(s) as DBS may designate from time to time by notice in writing to you, shall be deemed the date of delivery and date of receipt of the monthly (or such other periodic) Statement of Account(s). You agree to accept and view your Electronic Statement(s) and make payment in a timely manner.
- In some circumstances or upon the occurrence of certain events as determined by DBS, DBS may send to you the paper based statement of account, transaction records or advice to your last known or recorded mailing address. You agree to accept and view the statement of account, transaction records or advice and to make payment in a timely manner.
- DBS has the discretion from time to time and upon giving notice to you to modify, restrict the eStatement Facility without giving any reason and you understand that by using the eStatement Facility after any modification or change has been effected, you are indicating your acceptance of and agreement to such modification or change.
- DBS may without giving any reason cancel, suspend or discontinue your use of the eStatement Facility at any time with or without prior notice to you. Where DBS has not given prior notice, DBS shall as soon as practicable give notice to you of such cancellation, suspension or discontinuation by such notification method as DBS may choose, including through iBanking Services, in local newspapers, in displays at its branches or via publication through any media. Such cancellation shall be effective on and from the date specified in the notice.
- You may cancel your use of the eStatement Facility by giving DBS seven (7) days prior written notice. Cancellation will not affect any rights or obligations accrued prior to the effective date of cancellation.
- Upon cancellation, DBS shall use its reasonable endeavours to generate and send the paper based the statement of account, transaction records or advice to your last known or recorded mailing address by the next relevant Statement Date or, as the case may be, Transaction Date. However, you understand that the cancellation of the eStatement Facility may not take effect immediately, subject to the processing times of such cancellation request by DBS. Therefore, if the cycle cut-off date falls within the processing period, Electronic Statements may continue to be sent to you.
- For deposit and current accounts: In the case of a Joint-Alternate Account, you acknowledge that each Joint Account holder shall be able to operate the Account independently and that each Joint Account holder can apply for the eStatement Facility singly, without obtaining consent from the other Account holders to operate such eStatement Facility. In such event, should you wish to cancel the eStatement Facility, you acknowledge that the same Joint Account holder who has applied for the eStatement Facility will have to effect cancellation of the eStatement Facility through the iBanking Services unless the eStatement Facility is cancelled by any of the Joint Account holders personally at any of the DBS branches.
- For credit cards: Enrolment and cancellation must be by the Principal Cardholder, or in the case of corporate cards, the Cardholder (provided that if there is more than one Cardholder, each Cardholder may only apply for or cancel the eStatement Facility in respect of his own Card). The terms "Card", "Principal Cardholder" and "Cardholder" are as defined in the relevant DBS card agreement.
- For debit cards: Enrolment and cancellation must be by the holder(s) of the account to which the debit card is linked, and where the linked account is a Joint-Alternate account, the conditions set out above for Joint-Alternate accounts shall apply.
- You agree that DBS reserves the right to impose a fee for the eStatement Facility at its discretion at any time upon giving notice to you.
- DBS may without giving any reason vary these Terms and Conditions at any time with or without prior notice to you. Where DBS has not given prior notice, DBS shall as soon as practicable give notice of such amendments, deletions and additions to you by such notification method as DBS may choose, including through iBanking Services, in local newspapers, in displays at its branches or via publication through any media. Such amendments, deletions and additions shall be effective on and from the date specified in the notice.
- Where there is any conflict or inconsistency between this Agreement, the Terms and Conditions Governing Electronic Services and the terms and conditions governing the facility to which the Electronic Statement applies, this Agreement shall prevail.