Open a Fixed Deposit Account
Apply for a DBS Fixed Deposit Account with us via digibank Online.
- DBS Fixed Deposit Account gives you the opportunity to maximise your savings in Singapore dollars and foreign currencies with fixed interest within the same account, while keeping your funds secured.
- You must be at least 12 years old to open the account and can only hold 1 personal DBS Fixed Deposit Account.
- You must be an existing digibank user with a personal or joint-alternate DBS/POSB Savings or Current Account. You may choose to open a personal and joint-alternate account via digibank. For joint-all account opening application, please visit DBS/POSB Branches.
- Find out what are the documents required for account opening.
- SGD Fixed Deposit interest rates for new placements and renewals will be computed based on the Total SGD Fixed Deposit Balances, instead of each placement and/or renewal.
My Fixed Deposit account has 2 placements which sum up to S$100,000 (S$30,000 + S$70,000). What is the applicable interest rate for each renewal?
The total Fixed Deposit account balance is S$100,000 (S$30,000 + S$70,000). Hence, interest rate corresponding to the $100,000 - $249,999 range will apply.
I have an existing placement of S$50,000 in my single name Fixed Deposit account and another S$50,000 in a joint Fixed Deposit account. What is the applicable interest rate for each renewal?
The placements are in different SGD Fixed Deposit accounts. Hence, interest rate corresponding to the $50,000 - $99,999 range will apply for each renewal.
- My Fixed Deposit account has 2 placements which sum up to S$100,000 (S$30,000 + S$70,000). What is the applicable interest rate for each renewal?
- Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit interest rates for new placements and renewals will be based on prevailing interest rates.
How to open a Fixed Deposit Account
Apply via digibank Online
6 steps to open your fixed deposit account
Click on the numbers to view screens.
Log in to digibank Online with your User ID & PIN.
Under Apply, select Fixed Deposit Accounts.
Complete the Authentication Process.
Under Fixed Deposits, select Singapore Dollar Fixed Deposit and click Instant Apply.
Select your Reference Account for Signature and Acknowledge the Agreement, click Next.
Ensure the details are correct, and click Submit to complete your account opening.
Apply for digibank Online now!Get Started
- If you apply for a new account between Mondays to Sundays (including Public Holidays), 0700 hr to 2230 hr, your account will be opened instantly. Should the account be opened on the last day of the month, applications made between 0700 hr and 2000 hr will be opened immediately. Beyond this period, account opening will take 2 working days (including Public Holidays).
- You will receive your monthly statement if there is any transaction(s) made for the month. Should you wish to view any of the transactions before receiving the statements, you may do so via digibank online/mobile.
- Trust Fixed Deposit Acount is not available, you may choose to open a Current or Savings Account.
- For more information on Rates, click here.
Was this article helpful?
We welcome your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
We’ll continue to work towards serving you better.
Need more help?
Contact support and we'll try to resolve your issue quickly.Contact Customer Support