Overseas Card Transaction Fees
Transactions made overseas or through overseas-based online merchants (including refunds and reversals) are subject to foreign transaction fees of up to 3.25%. This includes the bank’s administrative fees and charges imposed by the card associations (Visa/Mastercard/American Express/UnionPay).Part of: Guides > Go Travel with POSB, Go Shopping with POSB
- Visa/Mastercard/American Express card transactions in US Dollar shall be converted to Singapore Dollar on the date of conversion.
- UnionPay card transactions in US Dollar, Chinese Yuan and Brunei Dollar shall be converted to Singapore Dollar on the date of conversion.
- Transactions in other foreign currencies will be converted to US Dollar before being converted to Singapore Dollar.
- The rate used for the conversion may be different from the rate in effect on the date of the transaction due to market fluctuations.
|VISA/MasterCard/UnionPay Debit Card||3.25% on the converted Singapore Dollar amount|
|VISA/MasterCard Credit Card||3.25% on the converted Singapore Dollar amount|
|American Express Credit Card||3% on the converted Singapore Dollar amount|
- A service available at certain overseas merchants or websites enabling these merchants or websites to convert the local currency amount to Singapore Dollar on your behalf.
- If your card transaction is converted to Singapore Dollar via dynamic currency conversion, the process of conversion and the exchange rates applied will be determined by the relevant merchant or dynamic currency conversion service provider.
- The exchange rate used for dynamic currency conversion transactions are generally less favourable than a foreign currency retail transaction.
|VISA/MasterCard Debit Card||2.8% on the converted Singapore Dollar amount|
|VISA/MasterCard Credit Card||1% on the converted Singapore Dollar amount|
We welcome your feedback
Thanks for your feedback!
We’ll continue to work towards serving you better.
Need more help?
Contact support and we'll try to resolve your issue quickly.Contact Customer Support