500Please enter only a-z,A-Z,0-9,@!>$&-()',./
Fixed Deposit – Foreign Currency
At a Glance
The Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit Account gives you exposure to your chosen foreign currency and allows you to earn potentially higher rates compared to S$ deposits.
- Choice of 9 Foreign Currencies: select from a list of currencies and interest rates from the list here
- Choice of tenor: from one month to a year
Minimum deposit amounts from S$5,000 equivalent (For RMB deposit, the minimum Foreign Exchange conversion is S$50,000 equivalent. Upon conversion into RMB, you may make multiple placements of same/different tenor with minimum S$5,000 equivalent per placement.)
Eligibility & Fees
You are eligible for this account if you are at least 18 years old. For customers who are less than 12 years old and wish to open a Foreign Currency Fixed Deposit Account, a trust minor account may be opened with the parent or legal guardian who is at least 21 years old.
Services and Charges
- Please refer to the Deposits Guide for services charges applicable for deposits and withdrawals
Frequently Asked Questions
Depending on the currency type and principal amount, the choice of deposit periods include:
- 1 day
- 1 week
- 1 month
- 2 months
- 3 months
- 6 months
- 12 months
Yes, you may select one of the following maturity instructions:
- Renew the principal and interest amounts;
- Withdraw the principal and interest amounts; or
- Renew the principal amount and withdraw the interest.
You can refer to our foreign currency rates here.
How to Apply
For digibank user
New to DBS?
Required documents for account opening at branch
Singapore citizens and permanent residents
- Singapore NRIC
- Passport and relevant pass issued by the Immigration and Checkpoint Authority of Singapore; and
- Either one of the documents below for proof of address (within last 3 months)
- In-Principle-Approval letter issued by Ministry of Manpower (MOM); or
- Utility bill; or
- Telephone bill; or
- Bank or credit card statements/bank reference letter; or
- Rental agreement; or
- Management fee bill; or
- Letter from the human resource department of current employer
Not a digibank user? Get started
Deposit Insurance Scheme
Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors and monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the Supplementary Retirement Scheme are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to S$50,000 in aggregate per depositor per Scheme member by law. Monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the CPF Investment Scheme and CPF Retirement Sum Scheme are aggregated and separately insured up to S$50,000 for each depositor per Scheme member. Foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, structured deposits and other investment products are not insured.
Conversions between currencies involve fluctuations and are subject to exchange controls. If you are converting from another currency to place the deposit and intend to convert it to the original currency, exchange rate fluctuations could cause the converted amount to be less than your original amount.