500Please enter only a-z,A-Z,0-9,@!>$&-()',./
POSB Payroll Account (FDW)
At a Glance
Introducing POSB Payroll Account (FDW), a specially designed account for FDWs to receive salary payment.
Features & Benefits
This account comes with an ATM card, which can be conveniently used to:
- Pay for purchases via NETS
- Withdraw cash via POSB Cash-Point or ATM
- Pay for public transport via NETS Contactless
- Top-up telco prepaid cards
- Check account balance and view past transactions
Applying for a POSB Payroll Account (FDW) is now made easier, through collaboration with the Ministry of Manpower.
For work permit applications submitted from 7 October 2018, you can apply for the POSB Payroll Account (FDW) on your FDW’s behalf when you request for issuance of a work permit via www.mom.gov.sg/fdw-eservices.
POSB will only accept an account application by a Work Permit holder via this enhanced process for new and transfer FDWs whose work permit application is made from 7 October 2018. There is no need to submit paper application or have your FDW walk-in to apply for an account.
Eligibility & Fees
- A S$2 monthly ATM withdrawal fee will apply if the customer makes more than 4 ATM cash withdrawals in the month.
- A S$2 fee will apply for each cash withdrawal of S$2,000 or less, at any POSB/DBS branch.
- S$20 early account closure fee if the account is closed within 6 months.
- Replacements of ATM card are chargeable at S$5.
How to Apply
Set up a POSB Payroll Account (FDW) with just 2 simple steps:
- Step 1 - Account Application
Select the option to open a POSB account when you request for work permit issuance via the MOM System.
FDW’s consent must be obtained prior to applying for the POSB Payroll Account (FDW).
- Step 2 - Card Activation
2 separate mailers containing the ATM card and new card PIN will be sent to the FDW’s address registered with MOM. Activation can be done via POSB/DBS ATM. Your FDW will need to provide the following details:
- New Card Pin from mailer (6-digit)
- Passport Number (numeric digits only)
- Date of Birth (ddmmyyyy)
You will receive your New Card PIN within 5 working days after you have received your New Card
How to Activate Account and ATM Card via POSB/DBS ATM
POSB/DBS ATM activation is available from 7am to 11pm (Mon-Sat) and 7am to 9.30pm (Sun and Public Holidays).
- Insert your inactive New ATM Card
- Enter your New Card PIN received in a separate mail
- Select More Services
- Select Cards/PIN/iBanking/Phone Banking
- Select Activate Card
Follow instructions on the ATM screen to complete activation.
Activation of account and ATM card must be done within 100 days. Any delays could result in account closure. As the accounts for FDWs are set up based on information sent via MOM, your FDW would need to update her mobile number at any POSB/DBS ATM or AXS machines to use POSB jolly and POSB digibank.
Update Mobile Number via POSB/DBS ATM or AXS
- Insert your ATM card
- Under Main Menu, select Update Mobile Number
- Enter New Mobile Number
Update your new mobile number on any AXS machine island wide.
- Select POSB
- Select Services for Work Permit Account Holders
- Select Update Mobile Number Request
- Enter New Mobile Number
Upon approval, you will receive a confirmation SMS that your mobile number has been updated.
Find the nearest ATM using our Locator.
This account is opened under special arrangements and will not be eligible for any salary crediting promotion.
For more information, please click here.