Terms & Conditions Governing Electronic Services
About This Agreement
1.1 This agreement explains the terms and conditions that apply when you use any Electronic Services provided by us.
1.2 When we refer to “this agreement”, “the agreement” or “your agreement”, we mean our Terms and Conditions Governing Electronic Services.
1.3 This agreement will replace all previous terms and conditions relating to the provision of Electronic Services. Nothing in this agreement will supercede or vary any term set out in other terms and conditions governing our relationship with you.
1.4 In the event of any contradiction or inconsistencies with other terms, this agreement shall prevail in respect of your use of Electronic Services and resolution of any disputes or issues arising out of your use of our Electronic Services. Where the issue relates to your Accounts or any specific product, the terms and conditions governing your Accounts or the product shall prevail.
1.5 When you use any of our Electronic Services described in this agreement, or authorise others to use them, you acknowledge and agree to the entire terms and conditions of this agreement which forms the basis of the agreement between you and us.
1.6 By “you", "your" or “yours”, we mean everyone named on your account, together, individually and includes you or your Authorised User.
1.7 By "we", "us", “our” and "ours", we mean DBS Bank Ltd, including its successors and assignees.
1.8 This agreement is governed by Singapore law and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
What We Mean By
2.1 "Account" means any and all accounts which is accessed by you through Electronic Services.
2.2 "Authorised User" means any person(s) authorised by you or your joint account holder from time to time to use the Electronic Services in relation to your Account.
2.3 “Card” means any card (including any debit, credit or charge card) issued by us to access our Electronic Services.
2.4 "Channel" means any mode of access to our Electronic Services. "Channel" includes Content.
2.5 “Content” refers to any information, images, links, sounds, graphics, videos, software or other materials including quotes, news and research data that are available through our Electronic Services.
2.6 "Electronic Instructions" means any Electronic Payment instructions, communications, instructions, orders, messages, data, information or other materials received by us through Electronic Services, which we reasonably believe come from you or your Authorised User.
2.7 "Electronic Payment" means any payments or transactions initiated or effected from your Account through Electronic Services.
2.8 "Electronic Services" means any banking and other services or facilities which we may offer to you from time to time via electronic means. They may include banking via any Channel, electronic statements, electronic advices, transaction alerts, Cards or any electronic modes of operating the Account in or outside Singapore.
2.9 "Online Banking” means Internet/mobile banking services or other digital services relating to the Account that we offer to you from time to time through the Channel.
2.10 "Information" means information regarding the money or other relevant particulars relating to you, or any Authorised User, or the Account or any Electronic Instructions.
2.11 "Provider" means:
- any person (individual or non-individual) in Singapore or otherwise, which offer services or products, directly or indirectly through the Electronic Services;
- any person to whom we outsource certain functions or activities to allow us to operate our Electronic Services;
- any government, regulator, law enforcement agency, financial institution, and ancillary service provider (for example, telecommunication, internet access, cloud network, logistics, facilities management, data centres, system hosting, call centres, equipment and software providers), agent or subcontractor involved in our provision of Electronic Services; and
- our agents or storage or archival service providers for the purpose of making, printing, recording, mailing, storage, and/or filing any documents or items on which such Information appear.
2.12 "Security Codes" means personal identification numbers, passwords, personal identifiers, biometrics identifiers, digital identifiers, other codes and verification procedures whether set by you or us that would allow you access to our Electronic Services.
2.13 "Security Devices" means any physical device, equipment, software or technology that we may issue you to enable you access to our Electronic Services, including a hardware token, software token or different tools that we may introduce in the future.
Who Can Use Our Electronic Services
3.1 Your use and access to our Electronic Services shall be subject to this agreement. You will be responsible for all transactions made by you or, from our view, authorized by you, your Authorised User or your joint account holder.
Your Authorised User
3.2 If your Authorised User accesses and/or uses our Electronic Services, we will deal with that person as if it was you using our Electronic Services and you shall ensure that each of your Authorised User is aware of and complies with this agreement.
3.3 If you have authorised any person to give us Electronic Instructions on your behalf, you will be responsible for their actions and/or omissions, including any losses arising from Electronic Payment which they may undertake.
Joint Account Holders
3.4 For accounts that are "and" joint accounts (operated by joint signing authority), each joint account holder will be able to view but will not be able to perform any Electronic Instructions through Online Banking.
3.5 For account that are "or" joint accounts (operated by a single signing authority), each joint account holder will be able to view and give us Electronic Instructions through Online Banking. Such instructions by any one of you will be binding on all of you.
Your Use of Our Electronic Services
Your Electronic Instructions
4.1 If we receive an Electronic Instruction after the relevant cut-off time on a business day (as notified to you from time to time) or on a non-business day, we will treat the Electronic Instruction as being received on the next business day.
4.2 We shall have the right to determine the order of priority in effecting the Electronic Instructions and other existing arrangements which you have made with us (for example, cheques, standing orders and Interbank GIRO).
4.3 Cash and proceeds of cheques (including house cheques) deposited through our Electronic Services cannot be withdrawn until collected and verified by us. Our determination of the amount deposited shall be conclusive and binding on you.
4.4 Where your Electronic Payment involves a currency conversion, you are aware that such currency conversions will be effected at the prevailing rate determined by us and/or Provider.
4.5 We shall have the right to decline to act on any Electronic Instructions if:
- your Electronic Instructions are unclear, incomplete or inconsistent with other Electronic Instructions issued to us by you, your joint account holder(s) or Authorised User;
- the Electronic Instructions have lapsed, been rendered invalid due to failure to comply with applicable conditions or are cancelled by a regulatory or governmental body;
- the Electronic Instructions cannot be processed due to any disruptions that are beyond our reasonable control;
- processing the Electronic Instructions might expose us to legal action or censure from any government, regulator or law enforcement agency;
- any Electronic Instructions would cause you to exceed your applicable transaction or Account limits; or
- any Electronic Instructions would result in insufficiency of funds in your Account; without incurring any responsibility for loss, liability or expense arising out of so declining to act.
4.6 We will treat all Electronic Instructions as final and unconditional when we receive them through the Electronic Services. This means:
- We shall be entitled (but not obliged) to effect such Electronic Instructions without your further consent and notice to you.
- In certain circumstances such as recurring and future date Electronic Payment, you may request to cancel or amend the instructions and we will try to effect it on a commercially reasonable effort basis.
Access to Electronic Services
4.7 We offer Online Banking to manage your banking needs provided you are of the eligible age, hold an Account which may be operated online, have a valid mobile number and email address.
4.8 We may make Electronic Services available through different devices (for example, personal computers or mobile devices). The features of Electronic Services may vary and the access and features may differ depending on the type, system specifications and configuration of your device. To protect your Account, we may require a certain standard of specification, software version and such other technical requirements of your device used to access our Electronic Services.
4.9 If you access Electronic Services outside of Singapore, your access may be limited and subject to the relevant laws and regulations of that country. We will not be responsible for any fees, charges and expenses such as IDD charges or any other charges which may be imposed by your telecommunication or other service providers in connection with the use of Electronic Services.
4.10 There may be circumstances where we may need to change the frequency and manner of use of our Electronic Services, transaction limits, operating hours and types of facilities and services. In certain situations, we may have to suspend the Electronic Services without giving you prior notice. Under such circumstances, we will not be responsible for any inconvenience, loss, damage or injury suffered by you or any third party.
4.11 You are required to provide us with accurate contact details, or where appropriate, accurate contact details of you or your Authorised User(s) so that we may send alerts relating to Electronic Payment. Where there are any changes to your or your Authorised User contact details, it is important that you tell us immediately.
4.12 Depending on the nature and mode of the Electronic Payment, alerts may be sent in real-time or at regular intervals on a batched basis.
4.13 Alerts will be sent according to your chosen mode of receipt, types of outgoing transactions and threshold amount (“Alerts Preference”). If you have not indicated any Alerts Preference, the alerts will be sent via our applicable default settings. You may indicate your Alerts Preference via Online Banking, at our branches or other channels as notified to you from time to time.
4.14 We may amend the modes of sending alerts and we will inform you if this has an impact on your Alerts Preference.
4.15 If you make any Electronic Payment from your joint account (operated by a single signing authority), we may send the alert to you but not to the rest of the account holders.
4.16 Once alerts are sent to you in accordance with your Alerts Preference, we will assume you have received it. You are responsible for ensuring that you are able to receive our alerts and will tell us immediately if there are any transactions in your Account that have not been performed by you.
4.17 We will not be responsible for any fees or charges imposed by your telecommunication service provider for receiving the alerts.
4.18 The alert service does not free you from the responsibility of safeguarding the physical security and authorised use of your Account.
4.19 We may introduce new or different forms of authentication service when you use our Electronic Services. We may replace the authentication service from time to time without prior notice to you.
Responsible Use of Our Electronic Services
4.20 We trust that you will use our Electronic Services in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and within our reasonable expectations. Where we are aware of any misuse of our Electronic Services by you, your Authorised User or joint account holders, we reserve the right to terminate or suspend our provision of Electronic Services to you immediately without any prior notice. In such instances, we shall not be liable for any loss suffered by you as a result of such termination or suspension.
4.21 Where you or your Authorised User has misused our Electronic Services and caused loss and damage, you agree and undertake to fully indemnify us, our Affiliates, Providers and sub-contractors for such loss and damage suffered and shall pay such monies to us upon our demand.
Right of Set Off
4.22 We may set-off from your Accounts with us any fees, Goods and Services Tax (“GST”), loss, damage or expense suffered by us, as a result of our provision and/or your use of our Electronic Services. This means if you have not paid back the money you owe us under this agreement, we may use the money in any of your accounts with us to partially or fully repay the money you owe.
4.23 If your Account has insufficient funds to meet any request for payment of monies or to satisfy any liability, we may (but are not bound to) grant you credit to meet such payments or liability. You undertake to pay interest and charges at such rates or amounts as determined by us.
Protecting Your Account
5.1 For security and authentication purposes, we may issue Security Devices or require you to create Security Codes in connection with your Accounts and/or Electronic Payment. You are advised to ensure that your Security Codes and email accounts are sufficiently secure and not easily compromised.
5.2 Separate Security Codes and/or Security Devices for your Authorised User may be issued directly to your Authorised User on such conditions as determined by us from time to time.
5.3 To ensure that your Account is protected, you agree:
- you will tell us immediately if you change your mobile number or email/mailing address which are used to generate and/or receive any Security Codes;
- you will tell us immediately if you have lost any of your Security Codes, Security Devices, your device used to generate and/or receive Security Codes or email addresses have been compromised;
- you will tell us immediately if any Authorised User to whom the Security Code or Security Device is given is no longer authorised to use the Electronic Services;
- you will not disclose your Security Codes to any third party;
- you will ensure that your Security Codes and Security Devices are kept in a secure manner and not accessible by any third party;
- to take due care of the devices that you use to generate or receive Security Codes, access online banking and email addresses and ensure that they are not vulnerable to unauthorised access;
- not to use any equipment, device, software or email address which you know or have reason to suspect contains any viruses, malicious code or damaging components which may interfere with or compromise your use of the Electronic Services, including Online Banking;
- not to install, or cause to be installed (for example clicking on suspicious links), any malware or viruses that would result in your devices, email addresses or Security Codes being compromised by any third party; and
- you will review and abide by our security advisory guidelines and notices published on our Channels concerning the use of your Account and/or Electronic Payment.
5.4 If you discover or suspect any unauthorised or erroneous transactions from or to your Account, you must immediately contact us. Upon such discovery, you agree to take such steps to protect your Account, including changing any Security Codes, passwords to your email accounts and reporting such incidents to us immediately.
5.5 Where we are of the view that your Account or your Security Codes might have been compromised, in order to protect your Account, we may:
- require that you identify yourself by alternative means;
- require any Electronic Instruction to be confirmed through alternative means (in writing given in person at a branch, etc.); or
- refrain from acting promptly upon any Electronic Instructions in order to confirm any Electronic Instructions or your identity.
In such circumstances, your Electronic Instructions might not be processed within expected periods and we will not be responsible for any inconvenience, loss, damage or injury suffered by you or any third party.
5.6 In respect of unauthorised or erroneous transactions from your Account, we shall do our best to help you, but we may not always be able to reverse such transactions. To assist us in our investigations and recovery efforts, we may:
- request that you report unauthorised or erroneous transactions to the relevant law enforcement and/or regulatory authorities and provide us with such report; and/or
- require information relating to such unauthorised or erroneous transactions, including how such transactions occurred.
If you are unable to or decline to provide the requested information above, this would have a negative impact on our recovery efforts.
5.7 Where such erroneous or unauthorised transactions were a result of your authorisation (whether as a result of fraud or otherwise), recklessness or mistake, we will not be liable to you for such losses. Recklessness would include any failure by you to comply with this Agreement.
5.8 In respect of unauthorised or erroneous transactions to your Account, where we are satisfied that such credited sums to your Account was in fact unauthorised or erroneous (including any mistake made by us), we have the right to deduct such sums from your Account without your prior consent. We shall however notify you of such deduction.
5.9 We shall retain the right to decline providing you with any Electronic Services where we have reasons to believe that you do not intend to use our Electronic Services responsibly.
5.10 Where your Account is a joint account, your liability for losses shall apply to all account holders in a joint account.
5.11 When you use Online Banking, you are automatically covered by our Money Safe Guarantee, details of which can be found in www.dbs.com.sg/moneysafeguarantee. The Money Safe Guarantee may be suspended or withdrawn, and the terms and conditions thereof may be changed at any time without prior notice.
Warranties, Disclaimer and Limitations
6.1 We do not provide any warranty of any kind of:
- our Electronic Services, including warranties of accessibility, quality, provision or performance of any goods or services;
- our Content, including warranties of accuracy, adequacy, currency or reliability;
- our hyperlinks to any other websites or content, which are not an endorsement or verification of such websites or content.
6.2 We will not be responsible for any loss suffered by you arising from or in connection with your use of Electronic Service even if we are advised of, or otherwise might have anticipated, the possibility of such loss, damage or expense. In particular, we will not be liable to you for any loss as a result of:
- any Electronic Services not being available due to system maintenance or breakdown/non-availability of any network;
- the non-delivery, delayed delivery, misdirected delivery or the non-receipt of any Electronic Services;
- any non-processing or delay in processing of Electronic Instructions by us or by any Provider through whom your Electronic Instructions are transacted;
- inaccurate or incomplete Content, reliance on or use of the information provided on any Channel for any purpose;
- any disclosure of any Information which you have consented to us collecting, using or disclosing or where such collection, use or disclosure is allowed under the applicable laws in Singapore;
- any unauthorised and/or unlawful access to our machines, data processing system or transmission link;
- any act of force majeure such as acts of God, war or warlike hostilities, civil commotions, riots, blockades, embargoes, sabotage, strikes, lock-outs, fire, flood, shortage of material or labour, delay in deliveries from sub-contractors; or
- any event outside our control.
6.3 Any claims against or disputes with a Provider are to be settled between you and the Provider. You will not claim against us in this respect.
7.1 Our records and any records of the Electronic Instructions including Electronic Services operations and Electronic Payment maintained by us or by any relevant person authorised by us shall be binding and conclusive on you for all purposes whatsoever. They shall be final evidence of any Electronic Instructions, information and/or data transmitted using Electronic Services.
7.2 When we deal with you, we will treat all such records as final evidence and you shall not challenge or dispute the admissibility, reliability, accuracy or the authenticity of the contents of such records merely on the basis that such records were incorporated and/or set out in electronic form or are produced by or were the output of a computer system. You agree to waive any of your rights (if any) to so object. This provision shall also apply to all records maintained by a Provider designated by us.
8.1 We may charge and revise fees for our services (for example, processing and transaction fees relating to our Electronic Services or replacement fees for Security Devices). In most cases, we will tell you in advance of such changes before they become effective, unless it is not practicable to give such advance notice.
8.2 For certain Electronic Services, we may share fees, brokerages, commissions and other charges with our Provider. We are not required to account to you for all or any part of these sums.
8.3 If GST is charged on any payment, you will pay such GST in addition to all sums payable. You agree to indemnify us against any payments that we are required by law to collect and make in respect of such GST.
9.1 We may stop or suspend any of our Electronic Services immediately without giving any reason. This includes limiting or replacing the Electronic Services as we may tell you from time to time.
9.2 If we need to end this agreement (and close your Accounts linked to our Electronic Services), we may do so at any time without giving any reason or advance notice to you. We shall tell you as soon as practicable by any notification method, including through Electronic Services, local newspapers, displays at our branches or media publications. Such termination shall be effective on and from the date specified in the notice.
9.3 Unless we tell you otherwise, you can end any Electronic Services by giving us seven (7) days advance written notice. Ending the service will not affect any rights or obligations accrued before the effective end date.
How We Use Information About You
10.1 You will find details of the type of personal information we collect, how we use your information and our privacy practices, by going to our web site at https://www.dbs.com/privacy/
10.2 In respect of joint account holders, by applying for or using the Electronic Services, each joint account holder is deemed to have consented to our disclosure of their Information to any other joint account holder(s).
10.3 You will provide us with any information or documentation that we may reasonably request relating to your use of our Electronic Services and shall cooperate with us in any related investigation or litigation.
10.4 We may be required to share your Information to our trusted third-parties so that we can continue to offer our Electronic Services. Such sharing and use of Information may be necessary or inevitable to effect your Electronic Instructions and/or to enable your use of the Electronic Services. If you do not allow such sharing, access to or use of your Information, we may not be able to offer or continue to offer the Electronic Services to you.
10.5 Our right to collect, use and share Information shall continue in accordance with the law.
Other Terms and Conditions
11.1 All notices or communications will be sent by us to you via:
- post or left at your last known address will be deemed to be received by you on the day following such posting or on the day when it was so left; or
- any print or electronic media (for example, SMS, push notification, email or website) as we may choose will be deemed to be notified to you on the date of publication or broadcast.
11.2 Without our prior written consent, no part or parts of the Channel or the Electronic Service or any Content may be reproduced, distributed, republished, displayed, broadcast, hyperlinked, transmitted, adapted, modified to create derivative works or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner or by any means or stored in an information retrieval system.
11.3 You may view, print or use the Content for personal, non-commercial use only, provided that you do not modify the Content and that you retain all copyright notices and other proprietary notices contained in the Content.
11.4 Trademarks, service marks, and logos (the "Trade Marks") used and displayed on or through the Channel or the Electronic Services are registered and unregistered Trade Marks of ours and others. You agree not to use any Trade Marks displayed on or through the Channel or the Electronic Service, without our written permission.
Use of Third-Parties
11.5 We reserve the right to use any Provider, subcontractors and/or agents on such terms as we deem appropriate.
11.6 In respect of third party products and services offered on our Channels or form part of our Electronic Services:
- we do not endorse, sponsor, certify, and are not involved in the provision of such products or services; and
- we will not be responsible or liable for any loss suffered by you arising from the use of their products and services.
In case of any claims against or dispute with any third party, you should resolve directly with the relevant third party products or services provider.
11.7 No failure to exercise, nor any delay in exercising, on our part any right or remedy under this Agreement will operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right or remedy prevent any further or other exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right or remedy. Our rights and remedies in this Agreement are cumulative and not exclusive of any other rights or remedies provided by law.
11.8 If any term of this Agreement is unlawful or unenforceable under any applicable law, it will, to the extent permitted by such law, be severed from this Agreement and rendered ineffective where possible without modifying the other terms of this Agreement.