500Please enter only a-z,A-Z,0-9,@!>$&-()',./
POSB Payroll Account
At a Glance
The POSB Payroll Account, designed to help you and your Migrant Worker’s (MW) needs easier online.
You can now manage and track salary payments with ease. Your MW can also:
How to get started
This account is opened under special arrangements and will not be eligible for any salary crediting promotion.
- Step 1: Apply for account online via ‘Bank Account’ Module in Work Permit Online Portal
The following details are required to apply for a POSB Payroll account online.
- Work Permit Number
- Worker’s Mobile Number
- Worker’s Email Address
- Step 2: Receive ATM Card and PIN Mailers at Corporate Address
If the application is successful, 2 separate mailers containing the ATM Card and new card PIN will be sent to the Corporate Address registered with MOM, addressed to the MW, care of the Corporate Representative.
Note: The new card PIN will be sent within 5 working days after receiving the new card.
If the application is not successful, an exception letter will be sent to the company, addressed to the Corporate Representative.
If the letter is titled POSB Payroll Account: Existing account held by customer, the MW already has an existing account. If the MW needs a card replacement, the MW will need to head to Work Permit Account Services Centre (WPASC).
If the letter is titled POSB Payroll Account: Request for Further Information, the letter will advise the MW to proceed to WPASC for manual account opening. The MW will have to bring the following documents to the branch:
- Original Passport
- Original Work Permit
- A copy of the exception mailer received
- Step 3(A): Activate Card and Account at any POSB/DBS ATM
Activation can be done via POSB/DBS ATM, and the MW will need to provide the following details:
- New Card PIN from mailer (6-digits)
- Passport Number (numeric digits only)
- Date of birth (ddmmyyyy)
Activate via POSB/DBS ATM
- Insert your inactive New ATM Card
- Enter your New Card PIN received in a separate mail
- Select More Services
- Select Cards/PIN/iBanking/Phone Banking
- Select Activate Card
- Follow instructions on the ATM screen to complete activation.
POSB/DBS ATM activation is available from 7am to 11pm (Mon-Sat) and 7am to 9.30pm (Sun and Public Holidays). Find the nearest ATM using our Locator.
- Step 3(B): Activate Card and Account via SMS
From 13 April 2020, accounts with mobile records updated at point of account opening can have cards activated via SMS. MWs will need the following details:
- Last 4 digits of ATM card
- Mobile phone with mobile number registered with the bank
Activate via SMS
- SMS to 77767: Activate<space>Last 4 digits of card
- You will receive a confirmation SMS upon successful SMS activation
Activation of account and ATM card must be done within 100 days. Any delays could result in account closure. Your MW would need to update his/ her mobile number at any POSB/DBS ATM or AXS machines to use POSB jolly and/ or POSB digibank Mobile.
- Step 4: Update Mobile Number via any POSB/DBS ATM or AXS machines
Update your MW’s mobile number with us so that he/she can access our suite of mobile banking services such as POSB jolly and POSB digibank apps.
- Insert ATM card
- Under Main Menu, select Update Mobile Number
- Enter New Mobile Number
- Select POSB
- Select Services for Work Permit Account Holders
- Select Update Mobile Number Request
- Enter New Mobile Number
- Confirm New Mobile Number
- Insert ATM Card and enter PIN for verification
Upon approval, your MW will receive a confirmation SMS that his/her mobile number has been updated.
Find the nearest ATM using our Locator.
- Step 5: Download and log1 in to POSB jolly / POSB digibank Mobile
Manage your POSB Payroll Account, remit money overseas and top up prepaid SIM using the POSB jolly™ app. Learn more here.
POSB digibank Mobile
The mobile banking app that lets your MW check his/ her account balance, make funds transfer and remit back home via DBS Remit at S$0 fee. Anytime, anywhere!
- Download via App Store or Google Play Store /
- Set up digibank profile using card number, card PIN and digital token registration code
- Launch digibank Mobile app and choose "Get Started" at login page
- Fill in the details on screens
- Create user ID & digibank PIN2, complete digibank profile set-up and log out
- Log in with newly created user ID & digibank PIN and activate digital token using registration code received in mailer
1MW card and account needs to be activated first before MW can log in to digibank.
2Note that digibank PIN can be set the same as bank card PIN. Subsequent change of digibank PIN will not affect bank card PIN and vice versa.
- For more information on the POSB Payroll Account for existing migrant workers, please click here.
Eligibility and Fees
- A S$2 service charge will apply if the average daily balance in the account is below S$500 for the month.
- A S$2 monthly ATM withdrawal fee will apply if the customer makes more than 4 ATM cash withdrawals in the month.
- A S$2 fee will apply for each cash withdrawal of S$2,000 or less, at any DBS/POSB branch.
Deposit Insurance Scheme
Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors and monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the Supplementary Retirement Scheme are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to S$75,000 in aggregate per depositor per Scheme member by law. Monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the CPF Investment Scheme and CPF Retirement Sum Scheme are aggregated and separately insured up to S$75,000 for each depositor per Scheme member. Foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, structured deposits and other investment products are not insured.
- I would like to know more about opening a POSB Payroll Account for my Migrant Workers
Please click here for more information.
- I have changed my mobile number. How should I inform the bank to update my records?
It is important that you update your mobile number with us immediately. You can update via digibank, AXS machines or the ATM1.
1Updating of mobile number via ATM is only applicable using the UnionPay ATM card issued to workers upon account opening.
- What are the benefits of the NETS 2.0 enabled UnionPay ATM card?
Greater convenience for NETS Payment
- Tap and pay for local NETS transactions of up to S$100 island-wide
- No PIN required
- For transactions above S$100, entering of PIN is required
- Transit on public trains and buses without need for a separate card
- Fares deducted directly from Saving Account. No top ups required
- Withdraw money directly from POSB accounts at overseas ATMs
- Pay overseas at UnionPay-accepting merchants via Card and PIN