Best offence is a great defence
We are in unprecedented times with global economies undergoing lockdowns and central banks fighting them with co-ordinated monetary easing. This has resulted in extreme uncertainty making it is very difficult to time the market.
In such uncertain market environment, multi-asset funds can provide a strategy to help to ease into markets in a disciplined way. Investors can benefit from dynamically allocating to a diversified mix of assets, that are managed by professionals with the skill, and more importantly, the temperament to wisely invest over the market cycle.
So what would be one of our top convictions in the global balanced fund space?
Ninety One Global Multi-Asset Income
What are the Key Characteristics of this fund?
- Team has a focus on managing downside risks and having lower relative volatility versus its sector average.
- Core, defensive total return investment approach with a resilient portfolio built from bottom up. Aims to provide income with opportunity for long-term capital growth.
- Seeks to offer attractive, sustainable yield
Why this Fund? 3 Reasons:
- The Team: Co-PMs John Stopford and Jason Borbora are supported by strong research groups covering areas such as Macro, Rates, Credit, Equity and Alternatives.
- Sustainable: The Fund seeks to offer attractive and sustainable yield by aiming to make payments on a monthly basis.
- Time-Tested: Since inception the fund’s defensive strategy has shown resilience to market downturns with strong equity hedging limiting downside capture.
Article credit: Fund Selection Team
Photo credit: Unsplash
Start your investment journey
*All investments come with risks and you can lose money on your investment. Invest only if you understand and can monitor your investment. Diversify your investments and avoid investing a large portion of your money in a single product issuer.